Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Everyone:

By now you should now, I'm pretty honest when it comes to speaking with my students. Other than withholding my political and religious affiliations, everything is pretty much on the table, from my high school lunch-time antics, to my collegiate activities.

That being said, I like to make my students laugh. I like to let them know I'm a real person, and I'm good at some things, and I suck at other things. I also want them to know that I'm also really proud of Santa Maria High School. It's MY school. It has always been, and it will forever be. 

So, when the chance came to show my students that (1) you can try things you aren't good at, even if it's in front of a ton of people, and (2) that SMHS is worth fighting for, I couldn't, not even for a second, back down.

I'm not going to pretend like I know a ton of soccer strategy. In fact, if it wasn't for Dave (from Dave's Internet Lounge), making me attend a Real Salt Lake Game last year, and talking FC Dallas up so much, I'd be less inclined to recognize MLS as a legitimate professional organization, or pay attention at all to the rules, organization, or game-play associated with soccer.
I realize I'm not good at soccer and I realize that I, after 4 days of rest, can still feel pain in my feet and legs. I realize that in several pictures I look like a combination of David Wells and Sebastian Janikowski (a red-faced, fat white guy). I also realize that we won... and I helped. It was a team win for sure, but it was a team win that I was a part of, and that I'm proud of. It wasn't just the people on the field, it's all the kids who attend SMHS. Everyone who calls SMHS home. I'm on your team, and we don't lose.

Long live SMHS, in all its glory.

Click here to see the answer to yesterday's warm-up. European country, riot gear, and foam.



Modern World History
Quick-write #12:


Objectives:
  • Analyze the causes of the American Revolution.
  • Explain the link between the Enlightenment and the Atlantic Revolutions.
  • Track your grades for Week 4.

AP World History

Quick-write #13:





Objectives:
  • Explain how one could become a citizen of the Roman Empire.
  • Identify and explain the creation and spread of religion and belief systems in the classical world.
  • Track your grades for Week 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment