Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Everyone

So, I really hate waking up late. As I've gotten older my body has become accustom to waking around 4:00am most days. However, Another result of getting older is that it takes me longer to recover from a lack of sleep caused by any number factors. Usually if I'm not sleeping it's because my kids are sick or we have some sort of family crisis that needs attention and prevents me from sleeping. Last year, for example, I flew to Maryland and back one weekend. So, between driving to LA after school on Friday, catching a plane at 11:00pm, making a transfer around 7:00am Atlanta time and then landing in Baltimore and driving to my family's house about two hours form the airport, and then reversing the entire thing on Sunday, meant that I really wanted to just go to sleep, for a long, long time.

I think I can deal with situations like that. They don't come up all that often, and they truly do require my energy and attention. Sometimes, though, the things that keep me from sleeping are entirely my own fault and of my own doing (not that they aren't fun, but still). Last weekend was fantastic. I had a ton of fun, but I'm still suffering from the lack of sleep. Between an adult birthday part on Friday night and a late-night catering about 1.5 hours from my house on Saturday night, I got about 4 hours of sleep each night. Sunday was a long day as well. I left my house about 6:00am and didn't get back until about 2:00am Monday morning.... but, it was worth it I got to see the Astros! The pictures are below.

Best Seats I've ever had... and they weren't that expensive,
making the O.Co my suggestion for a baseball trip for anyone who  wants to go.


Jake Mariskick, Outfielder acquired in a trade with the Marlins this year.  


Jose Altuve, current MLB Leader in Batting Average,
Hits, and AL leader in Stolen Bases. He stands
Just 5'6"

Dexter Fowler (batting) and Chris Carter (on-deck). Carter
is currently 3rd in the MLB in Home Runs with 36 on
the year.
Signature of Chris Carter, #23 (pictures=d above and to the left).


Is there a moral to this story? No, not really.  I love the Astros.I had never been to the O.Co before. I had never seen the A's play. I hadn't been to a baseball game this yet this year (and there's less than two weeks left). So, overall, I think it was worth it. I'm going to suffer from a lack of sleep and miss a few workouts, but I'm going to try really, really, hard not to beat myself up over it.... The Astros are playing in Anaheim this weekend.... maybe I could... I better not, but we'll see.






Modern World History
  • Analyze the 10 commandments in order to identify their purpose and how they contributed to the development of democracy.

    AP World History


    Quick-write #12:


    Objectives:
    • Analyze the causes and effects of Periodization, especially surrounding the break between era's 1 and 2.
    • Analyze the major continuities and changes for period 2.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment