Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday, February 19, 2015


Everyone

I've been very intentional (which, by the way, is a word that has only recently come into my vocabulary in its current state) about a lot of things lately. The types of work I've been assigning, how I grade assignments, how the class is structured, the questions that I ask, etc. I've done this because I am trying my best to grow as an educator in the way I've been trained over the past two years. Being intentional, at it's most basic level, is being very aware of your actions and understanding why you are choosing those actions over the other options available to you at the time. It means thinking about what you are doing before you do it, but it means ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT IT, not just saying you did.

I've gone so far as to be very intentional about watching my favorite show, Vikings, from the History Channel. It is, by far, the most legit television I've seen in some time. However, I either have to watch it as it is streamed on the History Channel or allow a few months to pass by until it is made available on Amazon Prime Instant Video... so, here are my choices given the fact that season three is going to air soon..

I have 6 episodes of season two left to watch. I can either A) binge watch them in two or three days and "get caught up," or I can keep with my normal timeline of (this is for real) watching one episode of season two every third Thursday (which gives me 18 weeks to watch it and should allow plenty of time for season three to begin airing on Amazon.)

Choices, choices, choices... and Vikings, Vikings, Vikings.

FYI, this is Ragnar and his two wives.... well, they were his two wives, then his first one (on the right) left, along with his oldest son... I have a feeling that kid is going to come back and wreck some stuff at some point.



You are running out of time to take care of your two hours of tutoring! Get in there (the MMLC) and do it!

-Markstone


Modern World History
If you have to go to tutoring for the next two weeks, the dates are from 2/10-2/20... remember, you need three hours of tutoring in that time.

Quick-write #:
No warm-up for Modern World History today



Objectives:
  • Identify the impact of the Industrial Revolution on the societies of Great Britain.

    AP World History


    Quick-write #:

    No Warm-up


    Objectives:
    • Analyze the continuities and changes in commerce in the Indian Ocean Basin from 600CE to 1450CE.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment