Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday, February 17, 2015


Everyone

I've been a serious Pandora user since 2007 (before it was cool). It might be on my list of the 10 greatest things to happen in my lifetime, and it's definitely in the top five entertainment advancements. Heck, it might even be number one. I can't imagine not having Pandora around. I can listen to any genre of music I want, be exposed to new songs and artists, and it's all free. I have Pandora on my TV, my phone, my computers and my tablets.

My generation rely's heavily on the internet for most things. Many of my friends (myself included) have cut out cable and satellite contracts (approximately $100+ a month) in favor of Netflix, Hulu+, and Amazon Prime Instant Video (I get them all for combined total of about $20.00 a month). Before I digress any further, what I'm getting at is, well, I think Pandora might be up against its stiffest competition yet. I'm not talking about Spotify, I'm referring to Prime Music, by Amazon. Amazon has tried a lot of really bad things in the past (the Fire Phone, for example). I've gone on rants about them sticking to what they are good at (getting me packages in two days, at amazing prices), but they have made SO MUCH content available to me and my family on Instant Video and now Prime Music that I can't help but think I am going to reduce my Pandora usage by at least 1/4... a have access to full albums and a wide range of artists. I can download them for free or stream them straight from the cloud, and the albums are not just super old, remastered Metallica tracks about them hating on Napster. All I'm saying is, I'm still a loyal Pandora user, and will remain so, but to have the opportunity to put on an entire album, for free, anytime I want, is amazing... Amazon Prime is the best $8.50/month I could ever spend.. Entertainment for days, and free, two-day shipping. #Theyshouldpaymeforthis

Later,
Markstone

Disclaimer: I was listening to Pandora when I wrote this.



Modern World History
If you have to go to tutoring for the next two weeks, the dates are from 2/10-2/20... remember, you need three hours of tutoring in that time.

Quick-write #15:



Objectives:
  • Make effective use of counterarguments.
  • Identify the impact of the Industrial Revolution in Great Britain.

    AP World History


    Quick-write #13:



    Objectives:
    • Analyze the development and organization of labor in the new world from 1450-1750.
    • Use evidence to support a claim.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment