Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday, October 3, 2014

Everyone

So, my brother got the iPhone 6. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Best thing about it, at least so far, is the slow-motion camera (that stupid song by Juvenile keeps popping into my head). My brother and I have been trying everything we can think of to try to make a cool video in slow motion. He's been punched in the stomach with no shirt on, we've thrown our kids into the air, tried skateboard tricks and played around on our kids' motorized toys and that was all fine and good... the thing we are best at (really, the only thing either of us were any good at, ever) though, is baseball. So, naturally, we decided to capture some baseball type activities in slow motion... my brother was a pitcher, and his swing looks like it, but I wasn't. My swing isn't much better, but by default I'm the one who has to swing the bat... and yes, it's a pink bat, but it's breast cancer awareness month so shut it, will you?

Check it out... never mind the trashy backyard. I don't have grass because I don't water it. A dirt lot is totally cool, by the way.

Make sure the sound is on...
Best six seconds of my life.

Well, I got him. This is two-parts luck, one part stupidity, one part well-timed swing, and it all adds up to awesomeness. 

Resources for you:
Modern World History

No warm-up today. We have a geography quiz on the countries of Europe.


Objectives:
  • Analyze Aristotle's Politics.
  • Extract evidence from a text.
  • Use evidence to support a claim.

    AP World History


    Quick-write #:
    No warm-up today. We're just going to do some world history. <--- Click to access the key concept we'll be working with.



    Objectives:
    • Identify the common and unique features of civilizations classical era civilizations, including the development and establishment of empire, methods of administration, and the causes of decline.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment