Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6, 2014

Everyone

A blowout can refer to a lot of things.... a terrible haircut (thanks, Pauly D), a flat tire on a car, a lop-sided victory in a game, like the Jets losing to the Chargers 31-0 on Sunday, or the Vikings getting smashed by Packers 42-10 last Thursday night. All of these things are terrible, and very rarely are blowouts ever a good thing. As bad as all of these things are, they are nothing compared to the blowout I suffered late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

I worked a pretty standard 12 hour shift on a catering on Saturday (yes it was indeed 104 degrees when the bride and groom said "I do."). One part of my job is to carry heavy stuff around and put it wherever my wife tells me to (she's the boss on these things). So, I was carrying three cases of wine and putting them back in the garage towards the end of the event. When I squatted down to put them on the ground, there was an extremely loud pop....almost like a gunshot. My brother-in-law was in the next room and yelled at me as if there was no doubt in his mind what had happened.... he said "hey, I hope your wearing black underwear." I was indeed, but, seriously, did this have to happen? This is how I am rewarded for lifting with my legs and not my back? Proper squatting and lifting got me this...

I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to do that. And don't even think about making a joke about these being my #prisonpants... It's already been done. Thanks, #thunderthighs, for making my butt the center of attention and a great conversation piece.

Resources for you:
Modern World History



Quick-write #6:





Objectives:
  • Use evidence to support a claim.
  • Identify and locate the countries bordering the Atlantic Ocean on a map.

    AP World History


    Quick-write #22:




    We're just going to do some world history. <--- Click to access the key concept we'll be working with.


    Objectives:
    • Identify the common and unique features of civilizations classical era civilizations, including the development and establishment of empire, methods of administration, and the causes of decline.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment