Friday, December 19, 2014

One More Time...

Everyone:

It's been some time since I've posted anything on here. As usual, it's due to sheer exhaustion. I've just been trying to keep up with papers and grades, and take care of all of my other responsibilities. I guess this thing falls into the "more fun than necessity" category of life.

Anyway, this will probably be the last post for a week or two, but it's a worthwhile one. I promise.

We've reached the end of the semester. It's our first semester on a "traditional" schedule, and it's only the second time I've ever taught the class on a schedule like this (I taught a Z-Block three years ago). Usually, about this time each year, I give out a teacher evaluation for my students. It's a chance for you to give me some feedback, and let me know, in a summative way, what worked for you and what didn't. The hope is that I can adjust some things over the break and make the class better when we come back. I'd like to make the experience you have in APWH and Modern World History worthwhile. I'd like it if you learned a lot... about writing, reading, reasoning, arguing, sourcing, and, well, yes, history too. BUT, WE'RE NOT DONE! So, in order to make sure this class is not a waste of time, I've decided to give out a short feedback form. This feedback is anonymous, since you and I will still interact over the next 6 months, and I don't want you to be afraid to give me your true opinion. All I ask is that you are honest in answering all of the questions, as they will indeed impact the direction of the class over the next semester.

I wish you all peace, joy and happiness.... enjoy the break, you (well, most of you) have truly earned it... if you know someone who is not here today, go ahead and forward the link to them (if they are in this class). I'll share the results with you when we get back from break.

Click here to give me some feedback.


Sincerely,
Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment