Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday, June 5, 2014... one last time.

Everyone

It's almost official. The year is almost over. We're almost done.

Before we go on, though, please take a moment to fill out the survey about the class. Please be honest and thorough. Trust me, I didn't always want to read your essays... really, I didn't.

This year has been filled with emotional highs and lows. It's been trying at times, and rewarding at others. I find myself at a place now that I didn't expect or foresee when I stepped onto campus last August, fresh off of my summer plumbing job. Almost everything in my life is different. One continuity, though, is that I find comfort in coming to #SMHSROOM639 each morning. I will miss the majority of this year's students, although I'll see some of you again, I'm sure. I will make new relationships next year. I'm looking forward to it. Looking forward to the challenges of the new schedule and my new students. I'm looking forward to teaching World History again. Looking forward to my new role as Faculty Association Vice President. Looking forward to smiling faces. Looking forward to managing my time better than ever. 

If you happen to be one of the students who is going to re-take my class (because it was so awesome the first time), just know that you have made a mistake. You have made a sacrifice to the gods of time. They are greedy gods, who will demand more and more from you each day. They rarely repay you and will forever demand more from you. However, you can recover. We all make mistakes. The picture below is proof. Talk about #TBT. 
Yes, my legs were larger than my waist. #squatlikeaman
Who would of thought that both of these dainty gentlemen would one day become educators.... ps. the date is wrong, I'm not that old. #winter2002

So, enjoy your time off this summer. It's deserved and necessary. Rest and relax, but also set some goals for yourself and try to accomplish them. Continuously challenge yourself. And, remember, you too can overcome your mistakes. I managed to get a girlfriend after this... then I got another one, and then I got someone to marry me. Sure, I suppressed this for some time, but that's okay, I'm part German. It's what we do.

See you next year.

Peace and love,
Markstone


No comments:

Post a Comment